Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK, I know there are a bunch of you ot there a lot smarter than me. SOOOOO, here goes. Over last winter I swapped the fairing on my '83 Interstate. I took the radio setup out of the old fairing and set it up on the bench. It has the radio, the CB, and the intercom. I got everything working on the bench. I installed the parts in the new fairing and mounted it. Now the CB sits on channel 1 and I can't move it to another channel. When I hit the talk button, i can here the click in the speakers.Radio works fine, not sure of the intercom. (no headsets)

Any ideas out there????

Tanx

David

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Is there an emergency channel 9 button on that model, if so it might have been pressed in, that would prevent the channel change

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

OK, I found the problem,. NOW the question is how to fix it. Turns out, it's the handlebar switch. If I jiggle the swicth I can change the channels.

Can it be cleaned with a shot or two of some contact cleaner , or should it be taken apart and cleaned?

Thanks

David

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Can be cleaned. there is a screw or two on the bottom of the switch box. Remove those screws and the bottom plate will come off. Take care to pull it apart gently as there are springs and ball bearings in there.

I lubbed my bar-mounted radio switches with a dab of dielectric grease. They operate much smoother now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.