Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi. all. I just replaced the water pump on my bike (1983 GL1100 standard), but when I put it back together, no more leaks from the pump (hooray!) but no neutral light, and no OD light. After researching the issue, I believe I did not have the change switch behind the transmission cover properly oriented. I have the cover off again. How do I test the switch to ensure it works? I hate to have the switch be bad, put the bike back together and still get no neutral light. The part is no longer available from Honda, so I'll have to get one from ebay. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
27,951 Posts
imported post

Check for continuity from the wiring connector to ground (the cover) in neutral and 5th gear positions.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Dave- Thanks! I tried this and determined that my switch is still good. I also got a copy of the Honda Shop manual, which also includes this test. I've been using the Clymers manual, but it doesn't have this. You can't beat a good reference! I continue to appreciate the help I get on this forum!

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

maybe you can ground the switch turn on the key and click the switch till your your neutral light is on on the dash?? JB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.