Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

i want totest my new radio set . still need help how i should connect it directly to battery (outside of fairing/bike), because i would like to know if it works or not before i add it into the fairing. which wires do i have to connect with battery ground and battery power (colour) ?
many thanks for help:)

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

i want totest my new radio set . still need help how i should connect it directly to battery (outside of fairing/bike), because i would like to know if it works or not before i add it into the fairing. which wires do i have to connect with battery ground and battery power (colour) ?
many thanks for help:)

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Which pieces do you have and do you have the wiring harness?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

I have cb, interco, cassette, radio, the complete stuff, no i do not have the harness...but still think there should be possibility to test before installation...many thanks for help

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

You hook everything up on a bench. Then you should have one red wire and one green with an eyelet on it left unattached. red to + and ground to - on battery. All the wires, if I remember correctly, on the radio/cb system are hard wired into one component or another and the loose end fit into another component. Really no separate harness for the system.

I think on goldwingdocs.com there is a wiring schematic for the radio/cb system, just looked yep they are there under the manual section.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

oldbike_gl wrote:
I have cb, interco, cassette, radio, the complete stuff, no i do not have the harness...but still think there should be possibility to test before installation...many thanks for help
You have to have the harnesses or make your own, are you electronically trained?
I posted the schematic in your first of your multiple posts on this (please, one topic post only, multiple topic posts on the same topic will only cause confusion as to what information has been given you already and clutters the forum).

Without the harnesses you will not be able to test it or hook up properly.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Oldbike, I seem to remember another problem that you will face. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the Clarion is set up to tune USA channels which are on odd frequencies. I seem to remember the europeans broadcast on even channels.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Hello from Munich,

thanks for all your answers.

First: I already have installed a complete clarion set in my bike which is working.

So frequencies are not a problem, everything is fine with the radio. intercom and cassette (never user cb).

BUT, have bought a second one and want to test if it´s working.

Have really no harness but still believe that it should be possible to connect it to a battery. will try like decribed in the last postings and write a comment here...

many thanks to all !

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Next idea....before i will connect any wire to my battery it could be much better to take some pics before - what i connected to anything and which wires i still have free - maybe for cennection to battery. Will post some pics within the next days:applause:

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello again

here some pics from all i have ...
who can help me and tell what do i have to connect to battery power and ground so i can test outside of my bike before i install it ??? many thanks

Attachments

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
Try this

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your idea :claps:
BUT.... i do not have your radio system, i have the original Clarion System which has to be installed into the fairing. Is there nobody inside this forum who can help me.

I just have to know how i can test my Clarion Radio and the other components outside the bike before i install it. There have to be some cables i can connect to battery power and ground... but which one ????

Please help - many thanks. Se my pics some days ago.......:praying:

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
I agree that yours looks much more complicated than anyone else's, but believe me, it ain't, mine was once installed into the fairing.

Somewhere in amongst all that $#!T is a 12v live (hot) and a ground (earth) that powers it all up, You've just gotta find it! I would probably start with that Black and Green pair.

See if this helps you!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.