Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my bike up on jack stands ready to replace the clutch but the clutch center-nut socket is one I got years ago for a 78 1000,and it doesn't fit,its too small,I found 1 at PartsNmore for $22. There part # is 35-3002 for the Gl1100,but I checked out there part # for the 78Gl1000 and its the same # .I read the posts where people have made their own from sockets but I don't have the tools needed to make one and due to problems with my hands it's easier to buy it for that price.The one I have was bought from the dealer around 15 or so years ago,part #07916-3710000.
So does anyone know if Honda changed the nut size form the 1000's to the 1100's or could I be dealing with a PO change?
The book gives the #07716-0020202 for the 82'. The clutch holder tool I bought with the socket fits perfectly so would anyone have any info on this? Thanks much for any help.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since no one seemed able to answer my confusing question,(first time ever,lol) I e-mail partsnmore and got this reply"Many of our wrenches are universal – I do not have confirmation that this is what your bike needs." so I skipped them ( I hate it when shops sell parts and have no clue) and ordered the socket called for in the Honda Service Manual ,
HP-07716-0020202 from powersportsplus.com for $47.58 plus $6.95 for shipping,when I get it I will measure it and let you no the difference in case anyone is interested.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,644 Posts
I will bump this back to the TOP of the page.

Just be patient, we should get you some help here in a few hours.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Since no one seemed able to answer my confusing question,(first time ever,lol) I e-mail partsnmore and got this reply"Many of our wrenches are universal – I do not have confirmation that this is what your bike needs." so I skipped them ( I hate it when shops sell parts and have no clue) and ordered the socket called for in the Honda Service Manual ,
HP-07716-0020202 from powersportsplus.com for $47.58 plus $6.95 for shipping,when I get it I will measure it and let you no the difference in case anyone is interested.
That is the right part number for the 1100s, I have it and the holder. Sorry, I can't say as to the 1000s but, it should fit your 1100.

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
I think I know

I am not certain ..but I am 95% sure -
The '80-'81 GL1100 have a diffeerent clutch basket and cover than the '82-'83. The early 2 yeaars were like the GL1000 but then they changed it...I think I know this as I had to make some adjustments on my '80 and the procedure is different based on the year...

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Just use a hammer and flat head screw driver. That's what I've done on at least three different 1100 clutches.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
I bought the Motion Pro socket too, but I had to modify mine to fit the GL1100. All I had to do was take a small grider to the inside of the teeth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.