Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Ok, replaced the clutch discs today and after I got it all back together the clutch is slipping. When I take off I have to give it a lot of throttle and then it almost seems like it is in a higher gear but I am in 1st, also slips when I give it more gas. Clutch disengages when idling but when I pull the lever in when shifting, it doesn't disengage entirely. I soaked the discs before installing them, double checked the order of parts and i made sure the washer was facing the right way. The only think I can think of is that maybe I didn't leave enough play on the adjustment screw on the clutch itself.

·
Administrator
27,952 Posts
imported post

You might try readjusting the screw, in until it touches the out 3/4 turn. Also, what kind of oil are you using?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I screwed it in til it touched but didn't back it back out. that may be the problem. I use delo 15w 40.

·
Administrator
27,952 Posts
imported post

OK on the oil. Try the adjustment and other than that I kind of suspect a bent clutch plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.