Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year or so ago I purchased 2coils for the 1100. I have since found articles saying that there are two types-- talk about resistors both internal and external. How do I determine what I have and if they need resistors ect and if they will work? Not wild about trial and error-- thinking there should be a better way!
Thanks for input.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
If your ballast resistors are external (I thought they all were on the 1100), you will see them on the coils. They are white ceramic.

·
Administrator
27,914 Posts
82 & 83 have ballast resistors, 80 & 81 do not. They have #s molded into them that I would have to be looking at to remember.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
A year or so ago I purchased 2coils for the 1100. I have since found articles saying that there are two types-- talk about resistors both internal and external. How do I determine what I have and if they need resistors ect and if they will work? Not wild about trial and error-- thinking there should be a better way!
Thanks for input.
What coils did you buy? New or used? Did you mount them up? A picture would help.
Dave has a post on Aftermarket coils or Didge neon coils as a replacement.
I have seen Excell coils used.

Be sure and get new plug wires and plug caps, don't replace these with used.

·
Premium Member
3,795 Posts
I can speak for the replacement coil idea the DaveO430 came up with. Have been running it on my 1100 for going on 3 years & it works flawlessly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.