Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

When I bought my project 1100, I had a perfect plan. If I needed to see where something went on my project '82, I just needed to look at my other '82 Aspencade. Then I sold my Aspy.
I am left with this thing hanging below my project bike. (it has a nice new tube that is probably a bit too long) Sorry the pic has it out of focus.
Where does this go?
It must bolt on somewhere, but it is so long since I took it apart, I don't know where it goes!

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
bolts on left side below battery on frame. it's the overflow for the air filter that should occasionally be emptied if you ride in the rain or if it gets full.

·
Registered
1999 GL1500SE
283 Posts
It connects up to the crankcase vent tube and collects the gunk that used to drip on the center of the road on cars and trucks. Needs to be emptied about every other oil change. The air cleaner box drain tube goes behind the engine and through a holder with the battery drain. There should be 2 air cleaner box drains. At least that's is what's on my 80 1100 and all the pictures in my manuals for the 4 cylinder wings.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
ok lets see if i can get this right.
the hangey down bottle uses the wire thingey to mount to the bracket that is on the lower left side (behind the engine) . the tube comes off the left side of the air box (lower corner).
the crankcase breather tube hooks on the right side (lower corner). i think. gray matter is weak this morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.