Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
de-chroming my GL1100, so these are for sale. They've been on my bike for who knows how long (dunno when the PO put 'em on), but the valve covers are straight and didn't leak when I bought the bike. Timing belt covers also were straight and in good working order. Doesn't include gaskets.

Some of the chrome is pitted on the 'road side,' but it's not bad enough to tell from 5 feet away standing next to the bike. Happy to take better pics if you'd like.

Happy to sell individually, just want 'em gone. How does $60 shipped for the lot sound?

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I can't tell in the picture, are the valve covers pretty nice or chrome messed up near the top above that first ridge? Maybe just a shadow? Both look kinda messed up in same area in the photo's.

If they all would clean up polish nice and look good, I'll take em.
Yes, better pics would be nice, maybe show that area I mentioned better on the valve covers.

I have extra 1100 covers here, but not chrome. But only want them if pretty nice and looking good. Otherwise I can stay with plan A and powder coat my extra's myself when I am ready for them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try these, better camera than the phone. They're not brand new condition, a bit of pitting in a couple areas. I personally would rather see a nice powder coat, but that's just me. Let me know if this works...

below: it's grease/grime in the ridges, not pitting/rust.

below: other cover, no grime, but that is slight pitting in the ridges

below: this is the top of the grimy cover, not much pitting

below: non-grimy cover. some pitting on the top side (and in the ridges)

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
exactly what I want . b ut it is for me to want. no coin at tis time. nice bits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.