Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new GL owner, only a couple of months, and I am having fun with working on my 81' Insterstate. A week or two ago apparently when my wife and I heard a part fall off/or hit our bike, it was the cotter pin,saftey pin, and little rod with holes in it that keeps the seat back in place:eek:. I only noticed tonight and am not having any luck with finding spare parts to replace my missing pieces on the web. I suppose I can have something manufactured, but thought I'd join the club and see if I'm not the first person with this problem. Thanks for your help:grin:

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
A week or two ago apparently when my wife and I heard a part fall off/or hit our bike, it was the cotter pin,saftey pin, and little rod with holes in it that keeps the seat back in place:eek:.
If the seat back looked sortof like this :

Then likely it was a simple "Clevis Pin" that had been substituted in place of a long bolt and nylock nut. The bolt is a 1/4-20 thread if used .... while the clevis pin is a long multi positional one that guys use in place to allow easy removal.

Look at Lowes or Tractor Supply or your local Farmer's Co-op or Hardware store. They'll also have the spring clips if this is what you want.

Might be a "Utopia" driver's backrest unless the bike has a custom seat. Many use same sortof setup.
:waving:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
Post a picture of your backrest Peter. The GL1100 never came with a riders backrest, they were only available aftermarket. A picture of yours will help us to identify the make.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.