Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I wonder if there is anyone out there with knowledge on what was available back in 1982-1983 as far as fog or driving lamps for the GL1100. I took these off a 1982 GL1100. They had the vinyl covers you see in the pictures. Also, the lenses have the very same emblem in the glass lens. WHO MADE THESE? Are they Drag Specialties?

I'm asking that because I would like to find one or two unbroken lenses even if I have to buy the entire fog lamp to get them. If I knew who made these, it would make it easier for me to find them also. By the way, I have nice things to TRADE (for GL1100) if you have the lenses.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

you just might find those driving lights in a off road catalog . sorry , but i dont know manf. of those.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

There is no point in looking for those specifically. They did not come with nor were an option for the 1100s. Find something you like and replace them.

·
Bob Cassel
386 Posts
imported post

Looks like your are the proud owner of a pair of "Eagle Eye" Driving/Fog lamps. Sold by chain auto supply stores like Grand Auto, Kragen, etc. in the 1970s.

They were a competitor to KC Daylighters, or tried to be.

I believe Eagle Eye has changed logos and style over the years, but these are not a really high quality lighting system. They used a standard H bulb that you could get most anywhere, but you will be lucky if you find the glass portions.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Unbelievable!! Here I thought these were something special and all they are is junk. Yep-- I Googled "Eagle Eye" lamps and that is EXACTLY what these are. In the garbage they go. Thanks for saving me the time (and money) I would have spent looking for these lenses. I know for sure that Markland offered them, maybe I can find a set of those. It's amazing how fast a person can find answers to questions on this site. I really appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
imported post

if looking at fog lamps look at leds my 1100 didn't like the extra draw of the lamps unless i was doing about 4000 rpm's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.