Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm surprised at the heat the engine puts off. Quite a bit more than even my Harley. Hot, legs get very warm on a hot day. Need to use the highway pegs more I guess. Maybe remove the Vetter lowers.
No, it's not running hotter than normal/it should. But then again, I live in in the northern U.S. so soon that heat will feel good.:D

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Being water cooled motor ir does retain heat and with the fairing it just hinges out,you can get baker wings to direct outside air to the rider

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being water cooled motor ir does retain heat and with the fairing it just hinges out,you can get baker wings to direct outside air to the rider
Thanks. It's not a huge issue I was just surprised more than anything.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Works the same way in cold weather👍👍

·
Registered
230 Posts
After reading half way through your post, I saw the words, Vetter lowers! They funnel ALL the hot air right to your legs, which feels great at lower than 45 f. Anything above 60 or so, and you can cook your lunch while you ride! I put all the Vetter stuff on my 80 and thought it was good looking. It was, but boy did I pay for it on a hot day. Coming across northern Wyoming on a 100+ day I thought I had died and gone to hell!! I live in ND so go figure! Yes, that is normal for the Vetter lowers. Some people take them off for the summer and re-install for cooler weather.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After reading half way through your post, I saw the words, Vetter lowers! They funnel ALL the hot air right to your legs, which feels great at lower than 45 f. Anything above 60 or so, and you can cook your lunch while you ride! I put all the Vetter stuff on my 80 and thought it was good looking. It was, but boy did I pay for it on a hot day. Coming across northern Wyoming on a 100+ day I thought I had died and gone to hell!! I live in ND so go figure! Yes, that is normal for the Vetter lowers. Some people take them off for the summer and re-install for cooler weather.
Just took them off today, big difference, thanks !

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,204 Posts
I remember 2 good things about riding year round on a 53N latitude, From the first day they told me I had to wear a helmet, I never got cold ears. & from the first day I got a goldwing, I never had cold feet! Had to move to a 30N to fix my hands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts