Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed the temp gage sending unit on my 82 GL1100I I had to take the carburetor intakes loose to get to it I put new O rings on it all went fairly well until I started the motor and there's a popping sound not like a back fire coming from the general area of the carburetors it's I had the chock about half way out you could feel it when you held the handle bars anybody ever have this happen?
Thanks Tater

·
Administrator
27,948 Posts
And that you didn't get the plug wires switched.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input I did check around the intake tubes with some carb cleaner as soon as I spread each one around the clamp the RPMs came up so I guess I have found the problem . Next those rubbers are so old and stiff is there something I can put on them to help them seal?
Thanks for your help tater

·
Impersonating a mechanic
1,139 Posts
Next those rubbers are so old and stiff is there something I can put on them to help them seal?
Thanks for your help tater
If you haven't already got one, get yourself a heat gun -- Harbor Freight has them reasonably priced. It made the rubber on the intakes pliable in less than 30 seconds. You might even be able to use your wife's hairdryer, but it would take longer.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=heat+gun

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.