Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The mufflers on my GL1100 are pretty much rusted through. The baffles rattle around and i bet that i could crush them with my hands if i squeezed hard enough. The headers are ok though. Seeing as my wallet has dust in it, I cannot afford to pay $400+ for a new system. Has anyone ever put aftermarket mufflers on the stock headers?? Such as the universal mufflers seen on denniskirk.com or jcwhitney.com??

or do i just need to leave the bike parked until i can fork the cash out?

Any insight would be appreciated, I keep an eye out on ebay but was wondering about the aftermarket mufflers.

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Alot of guys have put various mufflers on with a little "Jerry riggin"!

Some Harley mufflers work "Road King" and "Screaming Eagles", buy them cheap on E-Bay!

I'll try to find the web site that shows you how to do it ?

Someone here bought some 1200 exhaust cheap and put them on an 1100 , I believe? Use the seach to track that thread down?

For a "GENERAL" ideal, even though it's not a "Wing" web site" go to " venturers.org " and click on "Library tech" or "Tech Library" on the top and click "installing Road King mufflers", it's a V-4 engine, but gives you some ideas on how to modify pipes !

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

I have a 1200 and the headers bend up and out just ahead of the
mufflers. If you find an exaust off of a 1200, be sure to get the
complete system. From what I understand, the complete system will swap
out, but you can't mix-N-match. I like my wing quiet and from what I
have read, the aftermarket mufflers are louder.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Some Harley mufflers work "Road King" and "Screaming Eagles", buy them cheap on E-Bay!

Really Cheap!!! You can get new take offs for as little as $20 plus S&H. Not too much to make brackets. Sportster for a sassy sound, & road king/road glide/tour glide for quite.:cool:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The Sportster mufflers do look the business on the Goldwing. :clapper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I really liked Marco's adaptation. He should make up a few offset pieces, have them chromed and sell a kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.