Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

can anyone out there tell me if an exhaust off a gl1100 would fit a 1984 gl1200 aspencade the seller tells me he had it fitted to a 1985 gl1200 interstate as it seems to be a good price as funds are low ? it comprises of 2 header pipes 2 tailcans and a joining pipe instead of a collector box ? comments would be appreciated regards mike !!!

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

I think we had this subject a few months ago and the answer I think was yes it will fit. Perhaps someone else will be able to jog the topic back up. BTW welcome to the forum Mike. :waving:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

You were almost right Joe. The topic was about fitting a GL1200 exhaust on to a GL1100, and yes it did work. So obviously it will work in revers as well. Hre's the thread;

The Mutts Nutsprofile, also from Widnes? If so, why did ya register again (lost password or something like that)?I only ask because you won't catch up on Redwings post count with two profiles!:waving::jumper:

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

From what I've read you can swap it if you swap the entire exaust system. The 1100 head pipes extend straight back, while the 1200 head pipes have an up and outward bend just before the muffler clamps.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

well The Mutts Nuts is also me ! and rightly as you say i couldn't remeber wether i had registered before ???:?my other half puts it down to short term memory loss (alcohol abuse) but that's another story !!! regarding the GL1100 exhaust the seller wants £100 but was a little concerned as to wether it would fit but you all have answered my query THANKS !! better tha the £250 + vat for a new one I'll have to find a PHOTO OF WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE NOW !!! REGARDS MIKE !!!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.