Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know who it is that manufactures or sells these mirrors with a hex head bolt as the center tensioning screw?
I've had several pairs with the phillips screw, all of which have stripped out the crosshead in the screw and can no longer be adjusted and then tightened up again, thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Remove the screw and take it to a hardware store and match it up with what you want.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Does anyone know who it is that manufactures or sells these mirrors with a hex head bolt as the center tensioning screw?
I've had several pairs with the phillips screw, all of which have stripped out the crosshead in the screw and can no longer be adjusted and then tightened up again, thanks.
I have no idea if anyone makes and sells replacements.

I had the same problem with mine. The part that receives the screw looked to be soft metal and seemed to gouge easily. I tapped it out to a standard size just above what was in it and epoxied in a piece of threaded rod. After reassembly I cut off the excess rod. The mirror hasn't needed attention since. Hope this helps
!

·
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remove the screw and take it to a hardware store and match it up with what you want.
That only works if you can get the Dadgum things out, I've got to start with a new set now anyhow, so I'd prefer to start with what I need!

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Go to amazon.com and type in goldwing mirrors. Emgo is the brand name and they are only $20 apiece. Not the quality of OEM but the have worked fine for me the past 2 years.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Go to amazon.com and type in goldwing mirrors. Emgo is the brand name and they are only $20 apiece. Not the quality of OEM but the have worked fine for me the past 2 years.
they look nice and function ok, but they are not convexed like OEM. I have one of each, and I like the OEM better

·
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they look nice and function ok, but they are not convexed like OEM. I have one of each, and I like the OEM better
I know for a fact that EMGO uses the screw, and all the aftermarket have flat mirrors. I'm ok with flat mirrors, always had 'em. But someone out there is making them with a Hex bolt and I'd love to know who the H E double toothpicks they are, or where to get some?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.