Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My thermal switch has gone out as the fan doesn't come on any more. I had to jump it while on the road to Sturgis at times (in traffic).

A new Honda switch cost over $80 and Saber has one for around $45. I have heard that a 1984-1987 Honda Civic uses the same switch, only $18 from the local auto parts.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
imported post

Hi Orbit,

I had a problem with my '82 fan not coming on. I took it apart and found that the problem was not in the switch but rather the plastic connector going to the switch. I took off the factory connectors and used some crimp on female spades and it has worked great since (about 3 years now). I did have to extend the wiring just a little bit. I think they made the wiring too short to begin with and it was putting it in a bind. Just thought I would mention that.If you are sure the problem is in the switch thentake out the switch from your bike and bring it to the auto store with you. That wayyou can compair threads. If theyare the same then it should work no problem, hot water is hot water. Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

orbit398 wrote:
My thermal switch has gone out as the fan doesn't come on any more. I had to jump it while on the road to Sturgis at times (in traffic).

A new Honda switch cost over $80 and Saber has one for around $45. I have heard that a 1984-1987 Honda Civic uses the same switch, only $18 from the local auto parts.

Can anyone confirm this?
I've heard this before as well but never actually spoke to anyone that got one. Why not bring the old one to the parts store and get them to check it against the picture in their parts book?

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Got the Civic switch, looks just like the GWswitch but the thread size is just a bit smaller. So, doesn't work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.