Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am involved in many projects on my 1980 GL1100, and lubing the final drive properly is high on my list. When I got the bike last summer, I put new tires on the bike, so greased the final drive/wheel splines with my trusty green "sticky grease" that I have used successfully for years. Well, I have grown to trust the forum, and everyone is clear on using the 60% moly grease, so off to Honda I go.

According to Exavids post (link below) I just have to lube the (2) splined ends of the driveshaft and the wheel hub spines

ShouldI remove the c-clip under the boot near the trans output and pull the drive shaft out to do this properly?

I know I also have to clean and lube the final drive/wheel hub splines as well.Are these the only spots I need the 60%moly?

Thax for all the great advice on the old bike from the long-time and new wingers !!!

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=40544&forum_id=1&highlight=final+drive+lubrication+

·
Administrator
26,525 Posts
imported post

Yes you do have to remove the clip on the shaft and slide it back to get any grease on it. Those areas are the only ones I know of that call for the moly specifically but it's also good to use on the brake caliper slides and on the metal contact areas of the brake pads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.