Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
I bought one of those off eBay. Short story is, they are very very well made and a great product. But they are only good for the '83 with linked brakes. They do not push enough fluid for two calipers. I have first hand experience with them. The guy that sells them is a top notch seller in my opinion, especially when it comes to working out any issue you may have. But the bottom line is they don't move enough volume for two calipers.

Your best option is to simply replace the reservoir with an OEM kit. Cylcemax has them. And they are great to deal with...not the fastest but definitely the most reliable vendor I've ever dealt with.

I have found that if you turn the old reservoir 90° it's easier to pry it out with a strong screw driver. It does take a good bit of force to get it to pop out. Getting the new one in is easier.

You may think the plastic reservoir is crap, but look at it this way...it lasted 30 years. Do you think you're going to still be riding that thing in another 30 years?

Save yourself the headache of fiddling with aftermarket crap and just buy the OEM parts to rebuild your master cylinder. it really is the BEST way to go. Take it from the guy who had to learn the hard way and didn't get his Wing on the road until September this year. All because he was trying to find something better than stock. Trust me, nothing is.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
One more thing, while you're at it send Lopeha a private message and order yourself a set of stainless steel lines, they make a huge difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.