Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
JR
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This post isa follow up to the starting and fuel leak issues that I was having with my 83 1100I. The fuel leak stopped as soon as I closed the fuel petcock. After a good clean up I pulled the spark plug and squirted some WD40 in the cyl. and thenI put the Seafoam in the gas tank. I had totrouble shoot the starter solenoid to get her to run. (Many thanks to sctrucker for his previous post that helped great!) SoI determined that the starter is malfunctioning but I did get her to turn over after a few light taps on the starter. After replacing the spark plug and inlet tube, she startedright up and settled out aftera few minutes.I took her out for a short test ride and she purred along fine so I'm hoping that there was no sticking float valve issues. I'll be taking the starter out tonight to start the cleaning/refresh process. (Anotherhelpful post!) Once I get the starter back in I'll get her warmed up with some Seafoam in the oil and bring her back in for a fresh change just in case there's some gas in the oil. I can't thank you guys enough for all the great help! This is an awesome website! JR

·
JR
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the reply Ben! I removed the starter last night and opened it up. Did not look to bad acyually. Some crud in there. So tonight i'll get to cleaning it up and will hope to get it back on too! I'll be posting! JR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.