Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I guess I'm starting this thread because there's nothing on here about it, (after searching) and of course it affects me right now, so let's at least start some kind of conversation about it and have something to search for, even if it only goes as far as this.

The biggest PITA I have right now on my Johnny Cash car GL1100 is the fuse block, I am suffering from loose fuses causing all kinds of lighting and instrument problems that are all caused by nothing more than just weak fuse holders and from what I can ascertain it appears that, unlike the GL1000 and the GL1200, the GL1100 is wired directly into the harness and not a plug and play module.

It also appears that there is no aftermarket replacement with nice new auto fuses, in fact the best I can find for sale right now is this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-Honda-...ies&hash=item460f072c04&vxp=mtr#ht_1201wt_776

What do ya'all think?????

·
Administrator
27,929 Posts
How about wiring in a 1200 fuse box?

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
not really any easy fix without either replacing the whole harness and fusebox or splicing in another fusebox

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Squeeze the holders up tighter???

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts

·
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Squeeze the holders up tighter???

Exactly what I was thinking but it seems WAY to easy of a fix.

Maybe there's more to it?
Yes there is, this is a good temporary fix but you can only do it a few times before the tabs break off & then your screwed.

·
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks Wingsconsin, this is what I'm gonna do.

·
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And of course you too trashtruck, thanks for the PM.

I think this thread was successful, it had a beginning a middle and an end, as well as being short and easy to read.

I'm gonna go advanced now to edit the title, so people can search it more easily.

Thanks again to all those that contributed!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.