Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

If you're riding is more in town, the 76 is more nimble. The 1100 is longer and geared more for the highway, better gas mileage. A lot of people opt for the lower seat height of the 1100. If you want to move quicker, put the 1100 into the 76 frame, then swap the 76 heads. I haven't done it, but guys who have say it's much faster. The 1100 has a lower first gear, and the 1000 had a significantly lower geared rear end. It's not quite a bolt in. Need to modify crossmember under the tank for the 1100 ignition to fit.

· Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

You could also put the complete 83 front on with bigger forks, better brakes, and trac drive. That's close to a bolt on.

· Premium Member
688 Posts
imported post

The 1000s have a bigger diameter intake valve which probably gives a bit more hp at wot. The stock 1100cams and valves probably have better low rpm performance. I have an 83 which is a project for down the road, but the three times I rode it, it seemed to be pretty well set up stock. With the 1000 rear end, it should be even better for off the line performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.