Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! Looking to fit some Kuryakyn pegs to my '86 GL1200, for the main driver footrests. So far from what i'm seeing, there doesn't seem to be a specific splined adapter for them. I know at least the later GL1100's had the same mounts, and I saw one person mention they had to fabricate a solution... But before I go down that road, has anyone successfully fitted some newer Kuryakyn pegs or floorboards that use the splined adapters to their GL1100/GL1200? If so did you use an existing adapter, or did you have to modify one, and what did you have to do fabrication-wise? I have my own ideas of what would be needed, but someone with direct experience is always good...

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, for posterity... An update. I ended up using splined adapters with adjustment screws for a VTX1800--- There was some minor fabrication involved in that i can no longer use the spring and I had to make a cylindrical shim inside the pivot hole in the adapter so it would fit snug, but I'm pleased to say the setup works. The adapter # I used was #8818.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts