Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi

I have a GL1100 Std, 1980. The handlebars are the low version that only went on the very early 1100's.

The bars have black risers which are about 2" high.

I want to swap the bars for the later version higher ones but am not sure if I need a 10" high bar and remove the risers, or leave the risers and put 8" high bars on?

:baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled::baffled:

So............ Do the later '81 onwards 1100's have risers or do the bars fit directly onto the yoke?

Advice or photos would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Roy

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Risers are not standard on any Goldwing. They're after market products. Sounds like someone fitted handlebars off a different model.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
imported post

Roy,
Those are the original caps that someone has used as a "riser" by turning them upside down and using longer bolts. The chrome bar on the top is aftermarket. I guess that's a pretty clever way to get an extra inch of height on the bars.
Greg

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Raveller wrote:
Roy,
Those are the original caps that someone has used as a "riser" by turning them upside down and using longer bolts. The chrome bar on the top is aftermarket. I guess that's a pretty clever way to get an extra inch of height on the bars.
Greg
Look at them again, they fit completely in the original bar clamp bottoms. If these were top caps reversed they wouldn't have the rounded part that fit into the bottoms.

All kinds of them here including some that look exactly like those.

http://www.1tail.com/sa/c/Honda_Handlebar_Risers.htm

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

yep----they are after maket roy w---i have a set just like them on my 83i . well all most likem--your choke bracket is differnt then mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.