Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

81 goldwing with radio and fairing.
There is a "headlight adjuster thingthat you grab ahold of to lower or higher the headlight .
I backed that off till the bolt fell inside the headlight.
I'm starting ti think thats shiny chrome thing that surrounds the light needs to come off too.
what a pain in the butt just to change a light bulb
any help would be super appreciated

·
Administrator
26,168 Posts
imported post

There is a screw that holds the knob on, remove the screw then pull the knob off them remove the nut behind the knob and the whole assembly comes out.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

the adjuster is no attached anymore ...what your saying i saw in threads but.....as i said the bolt fell into the headlight tub

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Something way wrong..that bolt is attached to the frame that holds the headlight not to the bulb itself. With the knob off you shoudl see a nut and washer on the inside of the fairing it needs to be loosened and taken off the bolt then the hold thing slides out the front..bulb, frame etc.

·
Administrator
26,168 Posts
imported post

Do you have a Hondaline fairing or is it a Vetter? I don't think you can screw it all the way out on a Honda fairing. On a vetter there is a tab on the bottom of the chrome ring, push it up and rotate the ring counter clockwise.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you dave0430
you saved me and made me from a pissed off person to a glad person.
(i thought I had broke something rather than fixing it) but now its all good.....It was the "push in the tab at the bottom" of the chrome ring THANKS!

·
Administrator
26,168 Posts
imported post

OK, so now we know you have a Vetter fairing.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

thanks...it says windjammer....(the insignia is gone),,,as usual easy work is easy when you know what your doing.....when you don't easy work is a pain...lol.......thanks :smiler:

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

i dont even think it was the bulb....i took the bulb out and hooked it to 12 volts and it lite up....i had checked the fuse just by looking and it looked fine but i just took it out and the top just came off so after i get it to gather w the new fuse i'm thinkin thats gonna be it at least i learned stuff ..lol :smiler:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.