Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Does anyone know where to get a new headlight reflector or how to refurbish one. I know the dealer lists them but I didn't want to spend $50 on one.
I just installed the Sylvania Silverstar and was looking at the reflector and right above the bulb there is a dark spot, so it doesn't give be the beam I would like to have. I've got three lights and they all have the spot.
JC Whitney has the lens and bulb for $47 but I don't need an extra bulb I already have 3 now and the guys at kragen and autozone say they only have it in a sealed beam unit. I thought this would be pretty simple I called a couple of headlight places on the net but the people I spoke with can only reference through a car or a part number.
Thanks for any help I can get.:action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem. $15 at the local AutoZone for a H6024 sealed beam unit solved it.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Ditto. I bought a sealed beam Silverstar, but it just throws a very tight pattern that can't be seen around corners, so I'm looking for something else.

Light is a lot better though, that's for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

chris in va wrote:
Ditto. I bought a sealed beam Silverstar, but it just throws a very tight pattern that can't be seen around corners, so I'm looking for something else.

Light is a lot better though, that's for sure.
A $20 set of driving lights at Wal-Mart, another $8 at O'Reilly's for two 35W bulbs and that problem is solved too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.