13,270 Posts
imported post

Yes. They have connectors on them.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I pulled they are pretty stuck. will try again. I have the entire braking system off but am learning the hard way that brake fluid gets all over, Ive been wiping it up as fast as possible. should have bought a mity vac and sucked out the fluid i guess.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

shoot mine must be different i pulled the wires right out of the connectors. they must be held in by some clip or something.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

try to get the connectors out, we can always solder em back into the connectors when ready for re assembly...

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

ive found the entire front master cylinders on ebay, brand new but not oem. only 65 bucks I may pick one up. I wouldnt mind learning how to solder though.

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
imported post

That brake light switch doesn't look OE. The terminals should be small flat pins sticking out of the end of the switch.
Soldering is a must if you own and plan to work on an old motorcycle.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Let me know, ill show u soldering 101..lol...

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Definitely. I don't even know what tools are needed. I've always just crimped on connectors.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Soldering gun, sand paper, flux, solder. two main ways..clean wire ends..wipe some flux on..put wires..twisting in tight spiral..heat connection apply solder..it melts covering the connection. Practice first on some wires on a bench until you get the hang of it.

Some like to tin the wires first..cover with solder..then put together and reheat with more solder. Also good for sticking a wire into a hole to attach.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Do a goggle search on soldering wires too. I use heat shrink over the splice, have to put it over the wire first and slide it back away from the heat of the solder splice area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.