Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

finally got my trike to mot thanks to a lot of help from you guys with the water and oil leaks.

it failed on the indicaters flashing more than 120 times minute plus the front brake not been quite good enough.

for the flashers i have tried a different flasher unit from my other trike and still the same problem,i have checked the earths and they seem fine so now im stuck.

with the front brake i have bled them through and through,pumped the pistons in and out bled some more, pumped in and out some more and still no real front brake,there is a bit but not enough to stop you in a hurry,probably better to stick you feet out.

any help with either would be great.

really looking forward to the goldwing parade in scarborough at the weekend,should be a good do with a lot of money raised for the lifeboats.

cheers,Steve

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

not knowing how meany lights are in the turn signale system you have on your trike. it might be that you need a heavey duty type flasher unit instead of a regular one. just my guess.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

strange you should suggest that,have the fairing and pannier lights also one other small light on the rear arches,took the bulb out of the small one ive added and they slowed down perfect.dont know why as i have the same amount of lights on the other trike but that bits sorted cheers.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
imported post

its all to do with resistance through the bulbs if the resistance is to low in any of them they will be caused to flash quicker

bit like a blown bulb in a car makes the other flash quicker

my guess is that the resitance of the smaller bulb was not high enough and caused the issue

bit like when you fit non line resistance led indicators to sports bikes

andy

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

you may have air in your banjo connection, maybe reason for soft brakes

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

If, after you have the front brakes bled properly, you find that you still have soft/spongy brakes you might want to consider installing stainless steel brake lines. The old lines are most likely soft and some of the hydraulic pressure is lost right there due to expansion.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
imported post

have you looked at your caliper if it is dirty and the sliders dirty and not greased then i believe that it makes all the diference. i did mine after replacing the front tyre. my slider or brake caliper mounts onto the hanger were quite dirty and it took sanding to remove gunk that had gone hard

a good clean and the fronty brake is great hard as

andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.