Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:dude:Two years ago I set upon a quest to vanquish the rust residing in the nooks and crannies of my GL1100. I kept taking off bits and pieces until, short of removing the fairing and engine, I repainted all the frame I could reach. I roughed up the chrome bars and painted them with Aluminum Paint because they would rust despite waxing.

Now it's time to put it all back together :shock:and I think I can, except for the installation of the Markland floorboards and crash guards. Could someone please post some closeup photos of the mounting points showing how the pieces and spacers are stacked?

The pics should also come in handy for anyone installing used 'boards on their GL1100.

Thanx

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey DonM :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing forum on the net. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
imported post

Hey Don.

Now's a good time to change that darn hard to get to air cleaner.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Darn, my first posting and I put in the wrong place.

Wingnut, you can move this over to the tech section if you like.:goofygrin::whip:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Fatalattraction,

I'll be the first to admit here that all I do is rinse out the air filter with soapy water and then reuse it. Besides, here in the New York area there is no dirt to clog a filter. Everything is all paved over and if you want dirt you have to buy it in plastic bags.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.