Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, i have just sat here reading many of the threads about starter problems.

I have a new battery, Rear wheel turns freely. I will be going out after posting this to try the bypass technique...

Is there and Goldwing enthusiast that lives in Essex England that is very handy and would like to assist, i am sure a gooddeal could beagreed before turning up!!!

This is my first wing and after spending quite a few hrs over the winter we have a Charity ride within the next 4weeks.. I really dont want to miss it...

Any help appreciated

Thanks Sean:(

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

How old is starter?
Do you get a clicking sound at the solinoid near the batt?
To detirmine if starter is good do the bypass technique .
Check your cable that its not damaged ,look for corrision or cuts to sheath, make sure the connectors are tight and clean .
make sure the main fuse at solenoid is not heat distressed , may need a new one.
And is your batt fully charged ? Have you tried push starting?
If a combustion chamber is filled with gas it will NOT TURN OVER ! Keep petcock off when not running to avoid this .
To rule out filled chamber remove sparkplugs and turn over with rear wheel , fuel will come flying out filled chamber so stand clear. Change oil and filter if this is so.
Clean starter button .
Neuteral switch may be bad.
are you in gear ?
lastly from me but not least check kill switch .

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

shotputtman wrote:
Hi, i have just sat here reading many of the threads about starter problems.

I have a new battery, Rear wheel turns freely. I will be going out after posting this to try the bypass technique...

Is there and Goldwing enthusiast that lives in Essex England that is very handy and would like to assist, i am sure a gooddeal could beagreed before turning up!!!

This is my first wing and after spending quite a few hrs over the winter we have a Charity ride within the next 4weeks.. I really dont want to miss it...

Any help appreciated

Thanks Sean:(
:waving:First check for voltage at the starter, while depressing the start button, which should be 10-10.5 volts and if you have voltage at the starter terminal then your starter is bad and needs to be rebuilt and/or replaced. Possibly it just might require replacing brushes and a good cleaning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.