Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

hi guys...an easy one for you hopefully... I live in the UK, just bought an americam import GL1100 interstate ( I already have a Uk bike Gl1100 ). have noticed that the front indicators in the fairing are ON all the time ( along with the headlight ) but they are not as bright as when they are used for the intended purpose, is this correctand is it to double as running lights...orhave I a dodgy connection somewhere.

thought I would check with you chaps before I start disturbing wires

cheers

mavman10

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
imported post

Hi Mavman,

Our US versions have the amber running lights on all the time, and they become about twice as bright when they turn on for the turn signals. Sounds like your running lights/turn signals are working properly.

Do you need to convert them somehow, so that they are only on when acting as signals?

Jack

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi mavman ...all the american spec bikes use the indicators are running lights ,,it is a twin filament bulb in the holder and it comes on brighter when you indicate...cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

WOW quick answer Jack...thanks very much, glad you've confirmed my thoughts...I will need to convert them, don't really want any comfy drivers in their tin boxes mis reading my signals!!! If you know how then type away my friend, otherwise I will start tracing the wiring

cheers

seane

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

super wow...thanks Ciaran....I love this site, people there when you need them, you where just pipped by jack, but it took less than five mins for two replies to come in....I can't get a burger that fast at Macdonalds!! and they're meant to be fast .

cheers

seane

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

just snip the wire going to the running light side of them and they will only come on as indicators then ...simple job,,,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
imported post

Just as Ciaran said, you can just snip the wire going to the running lamp side. If memory serves, it's the white wire. The greenish blue is the turn signal. Of course, checking with a voltmeter will determine it for sure.

I've been building a total LED conversion for my front running lights and signals, that's why I happened to know this one. :)

Cheers,

Jack

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Hi Mavman, thats what many of us do, ie snip the extra wire. On the GL1800 you can just snip the centre tab off the bulb instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.