Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

With start is perceived the knock in the gearbox, and then, after the curtailment of acceleration one additional knock and jerk.
I think that reason in the weak spring of damper on the drive shaft of Cardan joint.
It is possible to restore the correct work of this unit?

:(

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
imported post

mine is doing what you describe when starting cold. I have presumed it is a timing issue and am about to go out and re-time and double check point gap. :)

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
imported post

Patrick, I think he's refering to the clonk, (often described as a bowling ball rolling in the trunk) that you get when accelerating hard. I believe it's caused by a spring and ramp type damper in the driveline which acts as a shock absorber.....Steve

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

steve worth,
bowling ball rolling in the trunk
!!!
Yes, very correct words!
There is the method to correct (to overhaul)?

to place under expansion washer?
to replace by the more elastic?
possibly the wear of the forks of clutch?

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
imported post

I think it is just something the bike does. I do not think you can fix it. Pehaps somebody else can tell us different
....Steve

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
imported post

At times there can be just too many different clunks on these GW's. LOL... So steve (or anyone) what about my clunk? Do ya think I am on track for mine? :)

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

When I took my 83 Aspencade down and let The retired Honda Mechanic listen to it, he told we there was a chain that went from the starter and over the Transmission. I always thought it went over the starter. I did not know that. He said it would clear up after a sync. He also sid bad Plug Gap would cause a knock if U had a cylinder missing, or running on 2.
Nightrider1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.