Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI i am new here and need help please my gl 1100 is misfiring at 3000 rpm for the firs 2km it runs perfect after that it start to give trouble if i turn the throttle more it is better from 4000-5500rpm and then bad again i cleaned the carburetors and checked the gas in all of them it is the same volume what else can be wrong

·
Administrator
28,096 Posts
It is either too lean or a slide is sticking until it warms up.
Also could be the valves too tight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had that problem for years. When I keep the gear selected to a higher RPM it is diminished. But when on the highway and go for more throttle sometimes it bogs down and other times reacts really well. I picture those Vacuum slides hanging up even though I've cleaned them quite a few times with no help. I can take the carbs off in 18 minutes and 32 secs now. ha ha ha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gl 1100 misfire

HI i am new here and need help please my gl 1100 is misfiring at 3000 rpm for the firs 2km it runs perfect after that it start to give trouble if i turn the throttle more it is better from 4000-5500rpm and then bad again i cleaned the carburetors and checked the gas in all of them it is the same volume what else can be wrong
the valve settings are ok if i remove the screw on intake rpm drops but on one it stays the same i am stuck

·
Administrator
28,096 Posts
I guess it still has a low speed jet plugged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.