Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Lookin to obtain a couple of motor cover plasticfasteners for a 1980 gl1100, both male and female part

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

You might do better posting in For Sale/Wanted section. Post pictures of the covers and the fasteners as those sound like the aftermarket plastic covers? If so, they have long been discontinued, there might be a fastener that might work, but how many bikes have/had those on and still survive I don't know. I have only seen one bike in person in the past 3 1/2 yrs.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

:waving:are these the covers

and the frames they mount to?

no-- these are not for sale.
the fastners can be gotten from (i think) lockhart phillips susa/catolog #236-100 dzus fastner. i have not tried to order any yet. so i am not sure. also try at dfci solutions . just goole it. here is there phone #407-494-3324 . good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

daaaon
i edited my post to give fastner info. hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
imported post

don't waste your time looking for the fasteners. markland discontinued them many years ago.
I searched for replacement for my covers but nothing was sturdy enough for my taste. finally, I took off the mounting rails and welded nuts in each hole instead of the female part.. as simple as that. I painted the rails, reinstalled them and bolted the covers to their place with rubber washers to prevent scratching the covers..took less than an hour,looks great and secured tightly.
if you need to see a picture of the outcome - I can take one for you tomorrow.

saul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.