Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello my fellow wingers. My starter solinoid went out on my 82 GL1100 so i replaced it with a new aftermarket part and it worked, started right up but now everytime i clutch my neutral light comes on any idea why? Anyone. Thanks guys

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Reverse the wires on the switch.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Switch the starter wire leads on the solenoid and see if that fixes it.

·
Administrator
28,088 Posts
imported post

It is not the solenoid, it is the diode (silicone rectifier) in the wire to the neutral light.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

i dont think its the solenoid. there is a DIODE that prevents the neutral light from lighting up when the clutch is applied. it is an small square box that pops out the wiring harness on the left side under false tank(on my 1200, pretty sure its similar on the 1100)

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
It is not the solenoid, it is the diode (silicone rectifier) in the wire to the neutral light.
Yea, I saw that a few minutes ago when I was checking the wiring schematic. His may have burned out when the starter solenoid went bad.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
imported post

Mine went out a couple of weeks ago. The power in the diode only goes one direction. If it goes both then it is bad. It is under the false gas tank, behind the regulator. A little hard to find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.