Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1981 gl1100 and i replaced the cylinoid,battery, spark plugs, and coils and cylinoid fuse bike tried to start then lost all spark to starter button. all lights are lit. have no idea what the problem is now. before replacing the cylinoid the bike ran fine if you taped on the cylinoid but now no juice to the button. anyone know what the issue is...please help riding season is next week....

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
I don't have a schematic in front of me, but. There should be an ignition fuse in the fuse box. This fuse supplies power to the start button as well as the ignition coils. (I'm referring to a 1200 book)
Check all your fuses, replace and recheck. If you continue to blow the fuse, (providing it is blown), you'll have to recheck your work.

·
Administrator
28,082 Posts
There is no fuse to the start switch, it gets power from the black wire off the ignition switch along with all the lights, ignition etc. If the lights are working check where the handlebar switches plug in, behind the fairing weight on an interstate or in the headlight bucket on a standard.
It would help if you stated the model you are working on.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
As it turns out, I DO have an 1100 manual. Amazing what you can find when you go looking for it. I shouldn't have to tell you Dave's correct.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
Try looking at this:

It could be the Orange and White wire at your Solenoid that you've recently been messing with!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.