Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Is this normal? It will run as hot as where it goes from fat to skinny line but it was cooler today.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,183 Posts
imported post

Where that gauge is is about where the fan usually comes on. As long as it stays below the red it is OK.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

That is in the normal range, but if it has just started doing it, may check coolant level. Were you in traffic? If the thermostat has locked close, I think there is a weep hole to let some water move, but I think it would still over heat. Does your fan come on automatically or has it been wired to switch? perhaps the radiator needs to be washed out or flushed. But the simplest thing to check is the coolant level and that nothing is blocking the radiator.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
imported post

If it does when cruising, then I think you have a problem. Mine reaches the same spot on my gauge when idling in traffic, but drops as I start moving. Not sure where to start looking. Have plans in the near future to install new OEM water pump and send the radiator to a shop for cleaning and inspection. If this helps mine I will let you know.

·
Administrator
26,183 Posts
imported post

If the fan cycles on and off and the temperature remains the same while at speed it may be the gauge is just showing higher than normal. It would be helpful to have an infrared temperature gun to check the actual temperature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.