Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi i have a 1980 1100

i am getting oil mist on fuel pump i beleive from rear of valve cover, is this just a plug that can be siliconed or a closed seal,i am planning on removing valve covers to polish them.

also does anyone know if lowers from an older windjammer fairing will match up to a newer one thx

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
imported post

welshdragon, I dont have an 1100 or know the answer to your question but someone should be along shortly.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

There is the gasket(#2 INSULATOR, COVER) on the fuel pump to the head that can leak also.
Sometimes the oil seal for the tach cable on the fuel pump #12

Fuel pump fiche;

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=145805&category=MOTORCYCLES&make=HONDA&year=1980&fveh=3437

Replace the valve cover gasket #2 x 2, and the bolt sealing washers, #4 x 8

Valve cover fiche;

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=145802&category=MOTORCYCLES&make=HONDA&year=1980&fveh=3437

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
imported post

Had the same problem.Replaced valve cover gasket,bolt seals.Then I torqued the bolts that hold the fuel pump adapter to the head down to 10 inch/pounds and oil leak quit.
One good thing that happened was that my boot was water proofed.Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

my 1100 does the exact same thing its not bad enough for me to worry about about every time i do a oil change i use a can of brake cleaner or engine degreaser and scrub down the whole motor area and just use a garden hose to wash it off in some of the areas a old toilet brush wont fit in i just use a old tooth brush one time i snaggeed the wife's new one i put it back all oily she put toothpaste on it and almost... almost started brushing her teeth with it.. i was so close on that one she still kicked my a## on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.