Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1982 Goldwing 1100 Interstate
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my carburetors out to check why I was getting a klunk when warming up the bike. I found my #4 vacuum slide was sticking when in the down position - so much so that I would have to carefully pry it up to get it out. After looking for a while, I noticed that the needle jet where the piston needle seats was uneven - probably from re-installing it with a metal punch - and 'grabbing' the needle from the piston. I removed the jet and cleaned up the hole with a drill about the same size (slightly smaller) than the hole in the jet. My question: will I be ok with this or is this a close tolerance hole that I would have damaged and need to order a new one (with whomever carries them)?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Hi BTubb, those things don't respond well to being reamed, you probably need a new carburetor.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Bite the bullet and buy a new needle and jet. They come together.
The reason for the high price $30 to $40 is that they are precision formed to meter fuel. Drilling will not do.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any idea where I can order these? Any part numbers?

·
1,819 Posts
Needle set , jet 16012-MB9-004 = 34,38$ from HDLparts.
You have to google them yourself , - this computermongol dont now how to put in a link .
Nice compagny , good service and prices !

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Part ordered through HDLparts. I called them and spoke to "Keith". They will ship it Friday (or so they say). Said I should have it by next Wednesday. Total is $40 and change.. ouch. But if it fixes my thunk when warming up the bike, it will be worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.