Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

For you GL1100 owners that have the chrome headlight bezel, how hard was it to install? I just got done painting my fairing and I'm thinking that it wouldn't hurt to dress up the nose a bit.

Thanks,

Jack

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

If it's the chrome plastic one, I have one and it's the type you just screw into the fairing. Pity you have to make holes but it's well worth it.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks, FitzAl. One main reason I wanted to get one is that it's a wee bit difficult to get paint in that little headlight hole...it just sort of mists up and runs away in the breeze. Also, more chrome can't hurt, right?

Do you have any trouble with the heat of the headlamp on the ABS chrome?

Jack

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Hi Jack. I had one of these on my GL1100 for a couple of years until I sold the bike. Never had problems with heat and I seen the same bike a couple of years after I sold it. It had been badly smashed up (went off the road and down into a stream) and the chrome bezel was one of the few items that hadn't been damaged.
Like Al said, pity about drilling holes, but if you plan on keeping your GL1100 you could buy two bezels (if they are still available cheapish) and keep one as a spare. That way you will never have to worry about plugging the holes if you lose or break the bezel.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Seen plenty of these on gl1100s and none were warped from heat. The chrome will fade off before any heat damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.