Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've just got my MOT after a 6 year rebuild/restoration WOOHOO I'm off to a rally in Ardnamurchan Kilchoan in Scotland and am fitting a GL pannier rack and boxes. I can see how the boxes bolt on to the bottom of the rack but I can't figure out what they bolt onto at the sides. There seems to be a bracket missing off the framework. Can anyone show me a photo of what this loo
ks like? I can fabricate something up but would like to see what it should look like. Cheers

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Nice 1100. It looks like you are missing the chrome sub frame for the saddlebags.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

yesterday there was a set up for a 83 that will fit yours on e-bay. but fright might be a problem.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I don't know if you are just wanting to install bags, or bags and trunk. On my 1200, there are 3 different brackets, one for each bag, and one for the trunk. I also believe the rear fender is different on the 1200 standard and LTD, as the brackets mount to the fender in one place. And that is a beauty.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Oh that's brilliant kah92340 thanks for the visual. This is the bracket I have.

Looks like it's for panniers boxes only which is what I want. (Good coincidence actually)

The side mounts are the issue. Looks like i'll need to do a wee bit of metalwork for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

Glasgowing you have the wrong part on the bike right now . What you have is for a 1100 standard and the one shown by kah92340 is for an Interstate or Aspencade thats why you cant find where to bolt them up to .

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

My bike is pictured in the first post in this thread - an 1100 standard, soi've got the right rack? is that not what you mean? I'm only fitting the side panniers, not a trunk.

the one shown by kah92340is as you correctly said is for an Interstate or Aspencade which has the additional rack to mount the trunk.

It still remains however that there are 4 mounting holes on each side pannier. 2on the bottomand 2 on the insides. It's clearon kah92340's photo how the side panniers are attached with 4 bolts to the rack, but as I mentioned earlier and can also be seen on my photo, my rack is missing the 2additional mounting points for the the inside bolts. So imust be missinga bracket or either there must be a different hand rail with added lugs.

Really I need to see a rack fitted on a Standard bike.

I can see what's required though and it shouldn't be too tricky to knock something up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.