Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've got a couple of old panniers that have been hand painted badly on top a bad hand paint job. I've got them in a workshop to getthem stripped back and anew paint job. trouble is I didn't get the rubber seals for round the top lip, and they're discontinued parts now. Any suggestions for alternatives? I've been to couchbuilders and they've nothing in soft rubber. Does anyone have a couple spares? I've stuck in a sticky back foam seal inside the lid that is doing a job but it's not going to last and is coming apart already.

Does anyone have a couple spares?

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
imported post

I bought one about a year ago from service honda or bike bandit. That doesn't mean they have it now though.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

Go to your local scrap yard and look at Honda cars bet you find some thing that works good

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yup I thought about the scrap yard and heading round tomorrow. Must be something similar. problem is i've never had the original for comparison. trial and error will mark the day i guess. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

In response to the dimension of the rim seal,the length of the area around the case is just under 60 inches.The measurement was taken from a 1981 GL1100.So a 60 inch peice of material should work.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
imported post

Since the case is almost one quarter inch thick you would have to account for that.The demensions would be apoximately 5/8th inch by 1/4th inch by 1/2 inch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.