Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have seen a list of part numbers for the GL1100 that you can pick up at the local parts store but the only list I found today did not have the radiator cap listed. Is there another list I missed somwhere? I could have sworn I saw it and for what ever reason did not copy it anywhere.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

From a post called Aftermarket Part Numbers here....

"I just discovered today that an equivalent to the Stant 10229 radiator cap for a GL1100 is CarQuest Part 33030. Its on my bike now and working well."

Most of the GL1100 brake parts information in the first post is not correct, so make sure you double check first....

We'll have to get together soon neighbor. What year bike is it?

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks for the info... Its a '81

Are there any really good places in the area to pick up parts?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

New or used? There's Smitty down in Seguin for used parts. I have a couple of parts bikes too.

For the cap, any auto parts store should be able to cross reference the numbers in the above post.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Mostly new parts right now the bike is in fair shape just changing all the fluids, belts, tires and I just finished rebuilding the calipers. Most of the body parts seem to be in good shape just needs a little cleaning up. Im trying to get this all done between work/school and while not spending too much at one time so my wife lets me keep working on it.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks guys. This is a great site everyone has been very helpful

·
Registered
1 Posts
87 fuekl oumo and alternator

I am the new owner of a 1987 Gold Wing Interstate. However the bike needs a fule pump and an alternator - can anyone help me locate thses parts. Most dealers no longer stock these parts. Any help I can get would be greatluy appreciated. Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.