Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

does the pilot screw effect the balance and cause the gauges not to balance while trying to sync the carb's
and i do believe it's 3 full turn's for the 83 asp 1100?
thank you

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

O don't know how much it affects syncing but yes, it's 3 turns out for the 82's and 83's. Though I had put this in on your other post?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Reading all this .....hum? The fuel/air mix jets, screw, pilot screws will not affect the actual carb sync all that much, very minimal and the only reason they would affect it is it will change the idle a bit so you have to adjust the idle, one thing leads to another.

To get the fuel/air mix right a color tune works well, you just tune the color of the plug flame. That is the only way I know to get them exact.

I think you need to use some smaller restrictors, or rig up some on the hoses of the device you have. During a carb sync basically all you are doing is equalizing the vacuum between the carbs and between the carb banks. So if you are loosing all your fluid, the vacuum is great enough to pull the fluld out of the device. So you will have to restrict the hoses with something like small needle valves, or aquarium hose valves or something of that nature.

Set the idle up to about 1200 rpm so you get a steady indication and the liquid will not tend to bounce around, set each hose to the base carb with your restrictor, then use normally to sync the carbs.

Then when you reduce the idle back to 8 or 900 rpm , leave them alone, they will change, a bit, but nothing to worry about. Do not worry about readings or marks on the gauge, just restrict them enough to hold the same level , then tune the carbs, the gauge readings are not important unless you get a carb with a very low reading and that will indicate a busted diaphram or vacuum problem, Just equal them left bank the right bank and then bank to bank, do not worry if the readings are a bit different, they always will be, the goal is to just get things equal on a basic sync.

Hope I explained it well enough .

Kit

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

yes Bagmaster thank's wasen't trying to question your post

i think my float's might need adjusting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.