Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

The left fork cap has two air hoses: one at the top and one at the side of the cap. The top one came off easily but I'm having problems with the side one. The hose has a solid connection with the threaded nipple and so wants to turn as I try to unscrew it. I can't see where the other end of the hose goes to (Aspencade; digital dash; and wires and hoses everywhere!) Do I have to remove the faring and the digital dash? Clymers says to just disconnect the hose. I don't think that Clymers heard of the Aspencade version!

The whole purpose of this exercise is to change the fork oil. I don't have an air/vacuum pump which is often mentioned in this forum so I guess that I could trickle the ATF in with a piece of plastic tubing and a funnel. But it would be nice to get the cap off so that I can flush out the insides and measure the fork springs.

·
Administrator
27,908 Posts
imported post

Does it not go to the right fork cap? the other end should have a fitting you can unscrew then remove the hose from the left cap.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

It should and probably does. It's buried and maybe pinched under all of the paraphernalia of the digital dash and air control buttons and I can't follow it. Probably have to take the faring and dash off after all.

But that's what Friday nights are for, right?

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
imported post

The right side should have a fitting which takes 2 14mm wrenches to loosen, one to hold the hose and one to trun the nut.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

The right side came off easily. After removing the digital dash and the air control assembly I saw that the hose had been pinched underneath which was preventing it from turning. Finally got everything off and cleaned. Now lets see if I can get it all back together in time for the Oyster Run.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.