Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have my GL1100 apart. I had fork seal leaking. I have a service book, but the picture in the book and what mine is are different. Apart mine has the small spring that is in the top at the air fill. With forks apart there are 2 springs 1 aprox 18" the other aprox 6" and the short rebound spring at the bottom at the allen bolt. My book shows 1 spring and the rebound. No instructions to tell me anything with the progressive springs. Do I replace 1 or 2 or 3 upper springs when using the progressive?

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

you keep the rebound spring at the bottom of the allen bolt... the other two longer springs get replaced by the progressive :)

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
imported post

i just got my forks back together on my 83 aspencade. these are the springs i replaced withthe progressive set.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Might as well replace the upper and lower bushings while you're at it.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

So the 1 progressive spring replaces both springs? Or is my kit missing something? My progressive box only has the 2 long springs. There is not a short one.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
imported post

i was confused about the same thing. the progressive kit uses one spring to replace the original two piece set

by the way..did you get the wind storm that i got in cental illinois last night?

knocked the power out here for about 4 hours

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Yes it has been way to windy over here too. The one Sat did a lot of damage about 3 miles from my house. Last night just took off the singles that Saturdays loosed up.
The progressive thiong is a little confussing. I am on the way back together now. First fork seal would not come out and the second one just about fell out.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Believe there should be a thin washer between the 2 springs as well. All my bikes have the Progressives already.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

I have drained and replaced the fluid in my left fork (1982 1100A). It is a new bike to me and has the progressive springs. How do I get the 'genie' back in the bottle? I.e. the upper spring so I can put the cap back on?
Thanks in advance.
Troy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.