Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I was trying to avoid going back into the wiring harness to correct a possible wire connect because of the cluster f of wires in there, everything is working except the radio tuner, it will not change stations, it's stuck on one :? 83 asp radio claridon

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

I have two buttons, one on the handlebars and one on the radio, they don't appear stuck.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

here we go---take out the left turn signal --- find the big pluge togather from the lower left tuner buttons that goes to the radio part thats on the right side (below the right pocket on the fairing) loosen the screw on lock collar and take it apart. check for any corrision or dirty connections. just take it apart and put it togather a few times. now try your switchs and see if that cures it.
also while your in there check all fuses and replace if they show any signs of heat or corresion. do not increase amprage rateing of the fuses ! !
next place to check is under the false tank cover. lower right side. check the connection of the handle bar switch connection . after all that and it still dont work ---then im afraid its off to serria for repair. hope this helps some.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
imported post

On my 85 1200 I had a similar problem. I was able to use the presets but unfortunately they were all set to the factory settings. What I did was remove the screw that held the thumb control onto the handlebars and carefully pried the assembly apart. I then took it apart and inside there is a metal strap that the lever makes contact with. I used some emery cloth and polished it up and used my trusty jackknife to "polish" the other set of contacts on the switch part. Then reassembled. I am currently just using good old black tape to hold it together until I find a suitable glue to refasten it with.
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Thank You, will let you know, soon as I can get in there.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

frankenpak wrote:
I have two buttons, one on the handlebars and one on the radio, they don't appear stuck.
:waving:There are 3 ways to change stations on the Honda/Clarion Type II radio, handlebar switch, and on the control panel there are the buttons for preset stations and the manual UP-Down buttons. If you can't change staions with any of these then the problem is in the AM/FM tuner that is below the R/H storage pocket. Give Sierra Electronics, Inc.in Troy, OH a call and they can tell you exactly what's wrong. Sierra's toll free number is: 800-338-6938. Sierra can repair the Type II components and they are very reasonable in what they charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.