Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Lose memory to radio when I take key out or turn off for over 5 seconds?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
imported post

More than likely it's the 1 amp fuse behind the left turn signal.

Johnny

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hi Bryan,

Check your fuses behind the “drivers side” (left side as you sitting on the bike) front signal light. There are quite a few of them there that are for your stereo.

Sometimes they look good but are not. Put them on a meter to test them.

There is one there that keeps power to the stereo when the key is out so the stereo does not loose time and memory settings.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
It's the red wire to the clamshell fuse, thin as a hair.
** Hic ** :toast:

:D

Tim.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Thanks,how do I fix this problem?test both sides of 1 amp fuse was hot.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Well, knowing all the gazillion connections in there, I would start to resead a few of them. 1 at a time and see what you get.

Tim

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

bryan wrote:
Thanks,how do I fix this problem?test both sides of 1 amp fuse was hot.
:waving:If the1 amp fuse in the White Clam Shell type fuse holder is good, then look for a3 pin Green Connector with a Green wire, a Red wire, and a Black wire into it.Two wires are out of the connector and both have a twist type fuse holder inline. These two wires connect directly to the Radio Module.One is a 0.2 (two tenths) amp fuse and supplies power at all times for the Clock and Radio memory. The other is a 2 (two) amp fuse and supplies power for the Radio Module with the key on.
A 0.2 amp fuse wire is so small that you will have to check it with an Ohm Meter.:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

Have power to all fuses,1amp fuse traced to radio tuner,could it be the tuner itself.Would you now how I can check.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

bryan wrote:
Have power to all fuses,1amp fuse traced to radio tuner,could it be the tuner itself.Would you now how I can check.
Did you find the 0.2 (two tenths) amp fuse in line (Red wire, after the 3 pin Green connector) to the Radio Module? If so, and the 0.2 amp fuse is good, guess could be the Radio Module.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Well Im still working on that radio,slowed down a bit because I'm not riding now.Thanks to everyone that tried to help me.Let you know what I find.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

Hello everyone still puzzled with that radio,some told me there could be a lithium battery in clarion type 11 radio that could of went bad?Have you heard this one,and if so how do I find it and can I still purchase it?

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
imported post

Bryan, I don't know of a battery. Did you see my post July 17, 2009 copied and pasted below:

Did you find the 0.2 (two tenths) amp fuse in line (Red wire, after the 3 pin Green connector) to the Radio Module? If so, and the 0.2 amp fuse is good, guess could be the Radio Module.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
imported post

I did look at fuse and looks fine,maybe i will change it anyway.It will hold memory as long as I don't turn ignition off,can shut radio off and turn back on and holds memory.
Thank You

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
imported post

I have never worked on a "Clarion" radio, but am familiar with the "memory" battery you speak of. They are always inside the radio itself and normally soldered on the circuit board. Some are similiar to watch type battery with a clip holding in place.

·
Vendor
680 Posts
imported post

There is not an internal battery. The other suggestions as far as checking the fuse with an ohm meter and following the wiring is where you need to go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.