Premium Member
1,784 Posts
imported post

weak return spring???

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

9 1/2 times out of 10 it's a rusted up pivot point for the brake lever.

You can do a temporary fix by spraying some lube into it, but the best way is to remove the brake lever and clean and grease the pivot. For those most adventurous, install a grease nipple on the pivot point.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

I used pb blaster on mine, spray where it pivots real good.. Had no problem from mine since

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

When mine stuck last year it was mostly gunked up around the pivot on the outside edge.
I pulled the pin from the inside and washer and working it up and down by hand sprayed WD40 or PB or such till it worked free, then I put some grease on the pivot and worked the pedal in and out while working up and down to try to get some up into the center.
I've not had any problems since.
Mine would not free up with just spay till I got it worked over to the side some where I could actually get to the pivot.

Was not hard to cleanup and fix, but I could not get the pedal all the way off, and putting the washer and key back in was a pain.
I got big fat hands LOL

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

Mine also was so bad I had to use a big heavy hammer and a block of wood to work the pedal part way off. Cleaned, relubed and put back. Should be good to go another 30 years, I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.