Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hey Tater Here

Well I finally am getting my 82 GL1100I finished and I wanted to talk everyone who helped and gave me advise it was all gwell taken I just have one small problem that is driveing me nuts it's the rear brake I can't get it to stopsqueaking I've rebuilt everthing I've installed EBC brake pad and braided stainless lines I've bleed them even used the weight trick over nite and it still squeaks everything was cleaned when it was installed so no grease anywhere.

So does any body have any ideas they would be willing to share.

Thank You Tater:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Go to your friendly auto parts store. You can get silicon grease or "Permatex Brake Quiet" either will work equally well. Pull the pads back off and use the stuff of your choice on the back of the pads where they come in contact with the caliper or caliper piston. I'm surprised the fronts don't squeal.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

How did you clean the return port in the master cyl?
Did you scrape out the grooves clean in the calipers were the seals go?
Did you clean, sand smooth and lube the slider pins on the caliper?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

If the brakes bled okay it's likely the small port is clear. If you can wiggle the caliper a little bit odds the mounting sleeves aren't frozen. There is a possibility that a frozen sleeve could cause squealing since it can cause the caliper to **** a bit under braking pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.