Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
25,564 Posts
A lot of times the rear master cyl on old bikes is bad and unrepairable and you can't get a new one. I have found a solution. I bought one for a Valkyrie off eBay and made it fit the 1100. This was done with the fuel tank out, but should not be a problem with it in place.

The Valk MC has bolt holes already the proper size to tap to 8x1.25 for the original bolts.

I then mounted it to the frame in the OE rear bolt hole and the upper hole in the MC with a spacer 3/8" long w/8mm hole.

I then made a bracket of 1/4 x 3/4 steel with 8mm holes 1" C to C to fit from the OE front hole to the lower hole in the MC.

Bracket mounted to MC with 8x1.25 allen head screw.

Mounted to frame with OE bolts, a nut is used on the back side of the bracket, could have tapped threads in it but didn't think of it in time.

2 washers were used to space the bracket out from the frame for alignment.

Had to work up a little slack in the brake line to get it to curve around to clear the swing arm. A new SS braided line would be a good thing.
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/7-sale-wanted-forum/322214-stainless-steel-lines-offered.html

The OE supply hose is too short. You will have to get a 3/8 hose compatible with brake fluid, 3/8 is a little tight on the OE reservoir and loose on the MC fitting but will work. Didn't even have to adjust the rod length for pedal height.

·
Administrator
25,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's missing?

·
Administrator
58,961 Posts
about half of the pictures have bad links, something is askew linking to your photobucket account.

I went direct to your page at
http://s127.photobucket.com/user/bldontp/library/1100 project?sort=3&page=
and the pictures are good, they just don't show up for me in your post.

The pictures at #s 1, 2, 3, 5, say "Photo not found"

I would fix it, if I knew which picture belonged at each spot....

·
Administrator
25,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see all of them when I open this thread, may wait and see if anyone else doesn't.

·
Administrator
25,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I opened the tread this time they were in fact gone, I replaced them. Was going to put them in the gallery and post them from there but I can't find them in my computer and already deleted them from my camera.

·
Administrator
25,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, sorry. Unless you are unlinking the brakes.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
How do you like it? Works great I bet... looks good I would like to mount that second hole somehow though...
I wondered when someone would come up with a way to modify this ...Good deal...

·
Administrator
25,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do you like it? Works great I bet... looks good I would like to mount that second hole somehow though...
I wondered when someone would come up with a way to modify this ...Good deal...
What do you mean "mount the second hole"? They are both mounted.
Haven't actually used it, mounted it on a project that is a long, long way & a lot of $ from riding but it has a firm pedal.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Oh I guess I couldn't see the second mounted one to well, sorry about that,,, works real nice I guess .... I like messing around with mods. and stuff too...Cool stuff.. OK I see it now,,, see from the top view you can only see the one mounted bolt. the side view explains it, I see what you did now...Looks like something I would do...lol

·
Administrator
25,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.